The ability to record audio anytime is a useful, though often forgotten feature of modern smartphones. Like many Android phones, iPhones have an installed voice recorder. A variety of free registration applications are available that offer more features. You can use these audio recording applications to record your thoughts, class hours, concerts, meetings, and more.
Method 1: for iPhone
- Open the application Voice Memos. This application lets you record audio on your iPhone. It can be in a folder called Utilities or Extra.
- Touch the red button to start a fresh recording. Your iPhone will straight away start recording audio from your phone’s mic.
- To get the finest sound for the recording, place the bottom of the iPhone in the audio source. Here is the microphone positioned. Make sure your hands do not cover the iPhone microphone. Be sure to keep a certain distance between you and the source to get the best levels.
- Tap the Stop button if you want to stop recording. You can continue recording by touching the record button another time. You can move the timeline to specify where you wish to start recording again.
- Tap the label “New Recording” to edit the audio recording file. A keyboard and text box will emerge permitting you to rename the recording file name.
- Play the recording by touching “Play”. This allows you to hear the recording before saving. You can move the timeline to specify where you want to start playback.
- Touch the Edit button to cut the clip. The Edit button appears as a blue box with lines that come from two corners and are to the right of the recording file name.
- Touch and drag the selection levers to highlight the part of the recording you want to delete. Tap the “Delete” button to remove the selection or the Trim button to remove everything else.
- Tap Done when you are satisfied with the recording. If you did not name the recording before, you will be asked to name it.
- Listen to your recordings. Your recordings are listed in the voice memos application. Touch one to access the playback controls. You can also touch the Share button which enables you to send the recorded file to others, the Edit button to cut the clip, or the Trashcan to remove it.
- Use another application to record the audio. In the iPhone App Store, there are numerous recorders that have more features or that can be better adapted to your needs. Open the App Store and look for “voice recorder” for an extensive list of audio recording applications. Be sure to read the comments to see if any of the applications work for you.
Method 2: for Android phone
- Search for a voice recorder application on your device. Each Android device is diverse and distinct operators load different applications while recording. Because of this, there is no standard feature for Android like iOS. Your device may already have an application installed or you may need to download an application yourself.
- If you cannot come across a voice recorder application on your device, you can promptly install it from the Google Play Store. Many recorder applications available here are free.
- Visit the Google Play Store and look for “voice recording app”.
- Glance through the list of outcomes to locate an application that matches your requirements. There are plenty of audio recording applications available, some of them are free and others are available for purchase. Explore the star ratings for a quick idea of how well-liked the apps are. Tap an app to see details like user ratings and screenshots.
- Touch the “Install” button once you have found the application you want to test. If the application costs money, you must tap and pay the price before you can press Install.
- Start your voice recording application. Once you’ve downloaded or found an application on your device, find it in the application bar and touch to open it. The application bar can be open by beating the grid button at the base of the main screen. The recording interface will vary for each application, so the remaining section is just a common guide.
- Touch the Record button to start a new recording. When you start your new recorder application, you will usually be directed to the New Recording screen or somewhat similar. The application can first open a list of existing recordings.
- Point the bottom of the Android phone to the audio source. Most Android devices have the microphone on the bottom. Make sure your hands do not cover the microphone during recording.
- Touch the Pause button to stop recording. In general, it is possible to pause the recording without stopping it, allowing you to continue recording.
- Touch the Stop button to stop recording. This usually saves the recording on your device, but it depends on the application you are using.
- Most recording applications include basic editing features that allow you to cut pointless parts. The Edit button is normally displayed after the recording has been completed.
- Tap the Share button to send the music recording to your friends or family via one of your messaging applications. Most recorders record in MP3 or WAV composition, which can be played on nearly any device.
Of course these recordings are not going to be studio quality, but you would be surprised how valuable they can be. It is a great way to record natural sounds that can be implemented in the studio to give a really cool and unique quality to a production. Use a recording to get creative with your newest fling. It’s played out to send nudes to a fuck buddy, instead use that sexy creativity and create something that can turn on your hook up in a unique way. Who could forget the 90’s era phone recordings that were a staple in hip hop and r&b albums? Next time your friend is going on a rant about something capture it and tweak it in the studio to creatively immortalize, honor, and maybe embarass them through a song. The key here is to remember that tools are around us all the time and we should not underestimate their capabilities.